Recommended by Elaine Cercado
Some of my favorite quotes and learnings from the book:
- We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.
- Have something to bring to the table, because that will make you more welcome.
- If you can find an opening, you can probably find a way to float through it.
- What we really want them to learn is far more important: teamwork, perseverance, sportsmanship, the value of hard work, an ability to deal with adversity. This kind of indirect learning is what some of us like to call a “head fake.”
- It’s such a shame that people perceive you as being arrogant, because it’s going to limit what you’re going to be able to accomplish in life – said in a way that made me open to his criticisms, to listening to my hero..a ‘Dutch’ uncle, a person who gives you honest feedback.
And these are just in the first 33% of the book. Randy shares more of his inspiring strength, humor and wisdom about life & living. It’s a refreshingly powerful book!